1. Multiple pages, subdomains, or domain redirects with duplicate content.
2. Lack of a site map to highlight all your web pages.
3. Lack of unique Page Titles
4. Lack of unique Page Meta Descriptions
5. Frames or flash intros, especially on your home page
6. Ultra long URLs of the following sort that have no particular meaning: http://www.casalarga.com/index.cfm?method=storeproducts.showlist&productcategoryid=ac96dd03-c3fa-a96a-abee-1233123f91ba
7. Lack of internal cross-linking (pages linking to other pages on your site)
8. Lack of other, external websites linking to your website
9. Pages that are “under construction”.
10. Keyword stuffing (deliberately cramming your pages with keywords without incorporating them into well-flowing website copy)
Here is an easy to implement step-by-step SEO success recipe that will make your website SEO-friendly and will give a serious boost to its ranking.
10 Sure Ways for SEO Success
1. Give every single page on your website a title. Do not put the same title everywhere. Use a relevant title that pertains to the content of the specific page.
2. Make sure your page title has the key words that you want your customers to find you by when going to Google search and typing what they are looking for.
3. Give every single page on your website a description. Do not put the same description everywhere. Use a relevant and unique description that summarizes what te content on your page is about.
4. Make sure your page description has the key words you want your customers to find you by when doing to Google search and typing what they are looking for.
A customer once told me, “I don’t really need SEO for my website. If anyone wants to find us, they can type our company name and we will be the first name to pop up on Google search results.”
I replied with the following: “SEO is a marketing strategy, like all your other marketing strategies, whose goal is to bring new leads and new business. If your other marketing channels are bringing so much business that you cannot handle it, by all means, don’t waste your time; don’t invest in website search engine optimization. But if you think that there is no such thing as “enough, no more customers”, then optimizing your website for online search is a must.
The Lowdown on SEO and Website Optimization
At the heart of every SEO strategy is a group of components that are very important for the successful ranking of your website.